Click here to visit the LCCC Fab Lab

The Lorain County Community College Fab Lab is based upon the concepts of Dr Neil Gershenfeld, the director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology's Center for Bits and Atoms. A Fab Lab is a collection of commercially available machines that can be used to conceptualize, design, develop, fabricate and test a wide variety of things. The best part is that the equipment is surprisingly easy to use.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Meeting President Obama

My experience Friday is one that I shall not forget. As soon as he walked into the room and I heard his voice, my heart started to pound; I was nervous and scared. I was scared because I was worried that the slightest thing would set off the Secret Service, and they would swoop in. When President Obama walked around the Fab Lab, and shook my hand, I became relieved, because I saw how cool and laid back he was. As he was walking around the room, he was asking questions about what we were doing and we told him that we were designing a cereal box. President Obama seemed very interested that we were using this kind of technology at such an age. He was impressed that we knew what we were doing, and how well we were able to do it. He also seemed impressed with how well we were able to explain what we were doing. Although he could not spend much time with us, when he was there I could almost feel a royal feeling. I wish he could have stayed longer. I was so excited that I actually got to meet President Obama, because now I can cross it off my list of things to-do before I die. I believe that meeting the President of the United States was an astounding way to start off the year.
Nick Swartz

No comments:

Post a Comment